Friday, December 10, 2010

Little Drummer Boy

Not only is this one of my favorite Christmas songs of all times, it also means something personally to me. I often find myself struggling with questions like, "what do I have to offer the world? What good am I doing here?" etc. The Little Drummer Boy is one of those classic stories about humility. I am surrounded by talented people. I have a very talented family and talented friends, but it's always hard to see the talent in yourself. When I think about what I have to offer my Heavenly Father, it's hard to think of anything worthy of giving. So like the little drummer boy, I am trying to find what the Lord has given me and use it to give something back. I have no gifts to bring, and especially at this time of year and season, it seems doubly important to give something back to our Lord who sacrificed so much for us. So here is what I've decided to give. I've decided that I am going to give my heart to Him this Christmas season. I am going to share my heart and love to other people in His name. I am going to visit the elderly, go visiting teaching, but mostly just CARE! How often I find that there is so little caring in the world. Everyone just does their thing and they don't take a good look around at what they could be offering the world or someone in need. So I am writing this down as my Christmas mission this year. I will serve and love with all my ability and hopefully make Him proud of me. I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas, filled with the love pure love of Christ. Give your most precious gift back to the Lord. Give your whole heart and soul. Love His children.

No comments:

Post a Comment